Medina Palms (HS)
Set on one of the world's top ten beaches, Watamu has long been favoured as an exclusive holiday destination.
The name "Watamu" means "Sweet People" in Swahili. Located only 16 Kms from Malindi Airport, a warm welcome from smiling faces awaits you. Experience and enjoy a year-round temperate climate, the widest choice of activities in Kenya, the best snorkelling and diving on the coast of East Africa. Add to this a deep and ancient cultural heritage, and you will see why visiting Watamu makes for a perfect holiday.
Medina Palms is Watamu is newest and most luxurious resort, securely situated on the sands of Watamu Marine Park on Kenya's coast.
Need pampering? Medina Palms is a place to enjoy the sound of gently lapping waves on the shore, or a pool side snooze under the equatorial sun. Visit our Sakina Ocean Spa for relaxing and therapeutic treatments. Sample the specially created cocktails and tapas in our Long Bar, and then savor the wonderful meals produced in Medina Palms kitchens, served by our friendly staff in our lush gardens or in our charming restaurant.
Feeling energetic? A place to sample from the overwhelming choice of activities that only Watamu can offer. Exciting water sports, magical excursions that combine natural beauty with historical interest, and unparalleled access to wildlife on land and sea.
Our stunning Swahili style accommodation sets a new benchmark for chic luxury ocean residences, providing more space to breathe than any conventional hotels or resorts. We feature elegant suites with extended views across tropical gardens.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to 3RD HOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the double room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet
2 guests maximum
20 minutes by car
Stunning sea views
Activities of Interest
- Enjoy an early morning or late Afternoon ride in an intimate and relaxed Atmosphere through the local village; set Amongst plantations of Coconut, Mango, and Cashew Nut trees.
- When the tide goes out in turtle bay it exposes the most wonderful rock pools, the ammount of things to see changes daily, moray eels are abundant, hundreds of different species of fish as well as all manner of sea slugs etc.
Places of Interest
- Take a boat trip along the Mida Creek to see the sun go down and watch the local birdlife. Mida Creek is lined with mangrove swamps and we say herons, different species of kingfishers and flamingoes
- It is worth spending a day in the town of Malindi. It has shops and a market area and is good to walk along the jetty.
- Gedi ruins are the remains of an Arab town originating in the 12th century. Nestled in 45 acres of forest, there is enough structure left to get a good idea of life at the time and some buildings are quite intact.
We had a great time. The manager and staff were wonderful. It was hot during the noon and mid-day but very nice late afternoon and evening. Plenty to do and the beach was great.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Gated Community
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility