Kicking Horse Mountain Chalet
Kicking Horse Mountain Chalet
Nestled on 3500 square feet in the striking beauty of the Purcell Mountains, at the end of a private cul-de-sac lies this spectacular, timber-framed chalet. Boasting an air of rusticity and rich in natural wonders, this stunning four-bedroom home provides unmatched luxury, plus proximity and access to the famed Kicking Horse Resort.
The lovely open concept design and floor-to-ceiling windows that characterize this home give you sensational views of the Columbian Valley of the Rocky Mountains and allow for natural sunlight to drench each room. The sunlight pairs perfectly with bright, timber frame construction that highlight each room and run across the vaulted ceilings. This pastoral, mountain feel is offset beautifully by the sleek and modern furnishings and installations. The kitchen is appointed with state of the art Sub Zero and Wolf appliances and features an expansive prep table, doubling as a casual breakfast bar for a more informal meal. For a proper meal, take your feast to the intricately designed dining table with seating for ten. If you’re too stuffed to move after dinner, the stone, wood-burning fireplace is the perfect spot to congregate with your family. Just sink into one of the impossibly soft couches and lounge to your heart’s content.
The woodsy and outdoor style of the home is put on full display in the immense master suite, adorned with a feather-soft king-sized bed, luxurious linens, a cozy reading nook, and another wood-burning fireplace. The other two guest rooms both have equally lavish king-sized beds and are tastefully decorated. The third guest bedroom features two twin beds, and all bedrooms have en suite bathrooms with in-floor heating, to keep your feet warm and toasty on those winter nights!
This marvelous mountain chalet had lavish outdoor amenities, including a Jacuzzi hot tub that looks out over the majestic mountains and the river that runs year round at the rear of the chalet. A barbecue area can also be found, for when you want to have an easygoing meal rather than a formal one.
Located on the Powder Highway, Golden offers a prime location for visits to ski resorts. It sits especially close to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, one of the most prestigious ski resorts in the area. This resort has everything you need to keep your family’s adventurous vacation entertaining and exhilarating! Come discover the amazing range of winter activities from heli-skiing and snowshoeing to cross country skiing, or sliding in the tube park with the family. If you visit in the summer, there’s still an endless list of activities for you to enjoy, such as mountain biking, hiking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, and even a golf course! Make sure you take the time to explore this resort and others in the area, as well as take every opportunity to find new hiking or skiing trails. Also, don’t forget to delight in the deliciousness of fine dining in the area, such as Eagle’s Eye Restaurant. Take a gondola to the top of the mountain and discover what it truly means to experience elevated dining!
With elegance and thrills to be found at every turn, this mountain chalet makes the perfect Purcell Mountain retreat!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3500 square feet
King, King, King, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Revelstoke Regional Airport (YRV), Calgary International Airport (YYC)
2 hours by car (YRV), 2.5 hours by car (YYC)
Panoramic mountain vistas!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Greywolf Golf Course - Set up a tee time , take in the golf shop, or enjoy the Cliffhanger restaurant!
- Higher Ground Sports - Take your pick from the wide variety of skis, splitboards, climbing gear, tents and camping accessories, SUPs, bikes and bike equipment, summer and winter technical clothing, and quality ‘experienced’ goods for any adventure.
- RK Heli Skiing - Wide variety of packages, areas, and ability level accommodations.
- Glacier Raft Company - For over 30 years Glacier Raft Company has been providing white water rafting trips on the Kicking Horse, and other beautiful rivers around Golden B.C.
- Rotary Trails - Take this simple and blissful hike along the riverbank, offering spectacular natural scenes. Make sure to stop at the pub for a drink about halfway through!
Places of Interest
- Eagle's Eye Restaurant - Experience Canada's most elevated dining! Take a gondola to the top of the mountain and discover Canada’s most talked about culinary experience and the crown jewel of resort dining.
- Performance Rental Centre - Equipped to meet all your snowboarding, skiing, snowshoe, and cross country skiing needs.
- Whitetooth Brewing Company - This adventurous brewery creates beers that perfectly top off an adrenaline-filled day on the slopes!
- Northern Lights Wildlife Center - Your wolf center tour starts right when your walk through the door, with an informative talk about wolves and the amazing role they play in the environment.
- Island Restaurant - This rustic, log cabin restaurant serves up a delicious menu of pizza, pasta, steaks and burgers, and offers patio seating with glorious views of the river!
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Chef's Kitchen
- Hot Tub
- Wireless Internet