Taos, New Mexico
El Gallo Grande
Casa Gallina’s El Gallo Grande
This sprawling 1,400 square foot, 100 year old traditional Taos adobe home features three bedrooms and two bathrooms, accented with a beautiful garden courtyard.
The breathtaking mountain views greet you long before the home is on the horizon. El Gallo Grande opens with a beautiful garden courtyard with tree shaded outdoor sitting area and a covered portal dining area, protected from the sun with a hammock to take that slow afternoon nap!
Enter this graceful old home in the kitchen where you'll find custom appliances, ample counter space, and island seating. For formal meals take advantage of the old dining table which is nestled next to a wood-burning Kiva fireplace or sit at the outdoor dining table located in the garden courtyard.
The living room is highlighted by a large gathering space, natural mud and clay plasters, wood plank floors, and traditional viga ceilings. The home is appointed with hand-crafted furnishings, local art, and antiques throughout.
The spacious Master Suite has a queen bed and private bath. The bath has stand alone antique clawfoot tub and gorgeous vanity. The remaining two bedrooms also feature queen beds and share a bathroom with a marble shower with heated floors! Each room has allergy free over-sized goose down comforters and pillows. In the summer months rooms are accommodated with organic sateen sheets and have flannel sheets in the winter months.
In line with El Gallo Grande's artisan values, guests are supplied with staples like organic ground coffee, half & half, organic olive oil, vinegars, spices, and fresh eggs daily from the hen's on the property! Guests will also have access to the organic vegetable gardens and orchards on the property.
Condo with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1400 square feet
Queen, Queen, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Albuquerque International Sunport
2 hours and 25 minutes by car
Panoramic country mountain views!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Carson National Forest - Enjoy both summer and winter sports, along with hunting, hiking, horseback riding, fishing, and scenic drives!
- Ojo Caliente - Treat yourself to spa relaxation and fine dining!
- The Love Apple - Fine cuisine featuring organic, locally sourced cuisine, great wine list, and inspired comfort desserts!
- Taos Ski Valley - World class alpine ski resort just a half hour drive from the property!
Places of Interest
- John Dunn House Shops - Located within the historic Taos plaza, these boutique shops feature one of a kind works.
- Rio Grande Stables - Explore the Sangre De Cristo Mountains on horseback!
- Harwood Museum of Art - This center for fine arts features Agnes Martin, native american, contemporary, hispanic, modern, and early 20th century collections.
- The Rio Grande Gorge Bridge - One of the awesome geologic must-see's in the area!
- Taos Pueblo - 1,000 year old Taos Pueblo is a World Heritage Site!
The MOST Wonderful Time!
The week that my husband and I spent at El Gallo Grande was incredible. The home truly made the stay! The care that Richard took in our arrival, stay and departure was over and beyond. There was no detail left unturned. We were welcomed with wine and antipasto, then met our host who graciously gave us the lay of the land and filled us in on the best spots in town (his recommendations did not disappoint!) Throughout the week, any need we had was quickly taken care of. We were also surprised with baked treats on multiple occasions. This home is beautifully located just on the edge of Taos. You are close enough to enjoy all that Taos has to offer but have the luxury of mountain views and quietness of the countryside. There is no doubt that we will be back to visit! Thank you Richard for an impeccable vacation! ”
- Chef's Kitchen
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo