Heredia, Costa Rica
Finca Rosa Blanca (HS)
**This property has availability from June to October, 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Finca Rosa Blanca is, according to Forbes Magazine, the "most interesting hotel in Costa Rica".
Just 20 minutes from the international airport in San José, it’s an ideal first or last stop for a trip to the coast or the cloud forest or the volcanoes, but it’s also a destination in its own right.
The hotel was born some 30 years ago, when American artists Glenn and Teri Jampol fell in love with inland Costa Rica. With Glenn’s mother, they were inspired to build a family home in the highlands. Soon after, bowing to financial realities, they began renting rooms to pay for their Central American investment. What began as a hacienda with eight rooms has grown into a 14-room boutique eco hotel that breaks the mold in the best possible of ways.
Each room has personality in spades, with murals on the walls and artwork over the archways. The layout is rambling—you’ll probably get lost at least once on your way to your room—but the wandering brings its own rewards. (Try to stumble upon the saltwater swimming pool, with its soothing waterfall and tropical reflections.)
And in this case, the eco bona fides are real. Finca Rosa Blanca is a member of the well-regarded Cayuga Collection of Central American hotels, which has built its brand on proving that luxurious and green are not incompatible.
When the Jampols learned that the coffee plantation across the street from their hotel was up for sale, they were spurred to take action. Out of concern that the land would be developed, they bought it themselves and set about reinvigorating it as a coffee plantation. Now the 35-acre shade-grown plantation produces some of the finest beans in Costa Rica, and all guests are encouraged to take a coffee tour and do a cupping with a smart, enthusiastic guide.
But for all the sustainability points that the hotel earns, there’s no sanctimony. The rooms are sexy, all with private verandas, the small spa is indulgent, and the restaurant is outstanding. Newly installed chef Gustavo Alvarado recently moved back to his native Costa Rica after more than 17 years of culinary and management experience at five-star resorts in the U.S. The open-air dining room is lovely, but a meal of tasting places at the chef’s counter in the indoor kitchen is one of those only-here experiences that linger in travelers’ memory long after they check out.
Thank you to Ann Abel - a contributor to Forbes, for this fantastic description of Finca Rosa Blanca.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to 3RD HOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks please email: email@example.com
The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet
2 guests maximum
20 minutes by car
Papaya, mango and coffee trees with the twinkling lights of San Jose in the distance.
Activities of Interest
- Finca Rosa Blanca is renowned for its exclusive and in-depth coffee tour of our own organic sustainable coffee farm. You are treated to a complete history of coffee while hiking through the tree-shaded plantation to the "Beneficio".
- Visit the famous masks of Barva and the giant puppets that dance through the streets to the wild music of the cimmarron and taste exotic fruit and fresh tortillas at the open air market.
- Join the adventure at some of the best whitewater rafting rivers worldwide, zip lines and canopy tours through the cloud forest tree tops and hiking to the lip of steaming volcanoes.
- Pamper yourself with a Hot Stone Aromatherapy Massage, followed by our exotic organic Citrus Milk Bath Soak in the tranquil Targua Spa.
Places of Interest
- Experience the sights and sounds of the Costa Rican countryside as you climb toward the cloud forest and Barva and Poas Volcanoes in Braulio Carillo National Park.
- Visit a biological station where cacao fruit is farmed and then transformed by artisanal process into chocolate and join local artisans tempering chocolate on a marble slab during a delicious organic chocolates tasting.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Wireless Internet