Radda in Chianti - Siena, Italy
Come and tuck yourself away for a week or two in Casa Lucomeni, a stylish gem of a farmhouse located in the secluded hamlet of Albola in Tuscany.
Local history tells us that the Etruscan tribe, the Lucomeni, occupied the hillside and surrounds of Albola long before the neighbouring castle, with its ‘canonica’, came to be established there some centuries later.
Surrounded by the terraced garden filled with scented flowers and olive trees, leading down to the sort of pool (salt-filtered) you would expect to find in a luxury spa, within days you will begin to feel as if you too belong in Albola, just as the Lucomeni did all those years ago…
A ten-minute drive from nearby Radda-in-Chianti and a forty-five minute to one- hour drive from either Florence or Siena means Casa Lucomeni is perfectly placed for our guests to explore the beautiful heart of Tuscany. With its award-winning vineyards and stunning countryside there is much to see and do. There are winding paths to be explored whether on foot, horseback or bicycle yet, should you wish, you could choose to hide yourself away and scarcely see a soul for a week.
With its 3 spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, this tastefully-decorated stone farmhouse can comfortably sleep 6 people and is ideal for a trip to this special part of Tuscany
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1950 square feet
King, King, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Florence or Pisa airports
45 mins or 1 hour by car respectively
Stunning views over the Chianti hills
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- The Chianti Wine Trail. Badia a Passignano and Osteria di Passignano. Wineries of Montalcino
- Chianti by bike - You can book the bikes and the guide at the villa, pick up your favourite tours and see the country in a new, exciting way.
- The local area is a hiking paradise with great countryside trails starting out the back door taking you over Roman Roads, a Roman Bridge and waterfall
- The spectacular hill towns of Chianti including Panzano, Radda, Gaiole, Castellina are each worth a visit in their own right if only for a coffee or gelato
Places of Interest
- Visit Florence (40 mins drive) and admire the grandiosity of the cradle of Renaissance art: the Ponte Veccio, the Cathedral, the Uffizi and the Academy Galleries and more. Siena, about the same distance away, is also a must.
- The Chianti area and its villages covered in vineyards where you will be able to taste the many wines of this beautiful region.
- Visit nearby Radda-in-Chianti, the capital of Chianti, a charming medieval town ful of history and cultural events all year round.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet