HEVER, United Kingdom
Lydens Middle Barn
A fully-converted 14th-century barn nestling in the Kent countryside, only 40 minutes from mainline London terminals.
The property features beautifully restored high beamed ceilings throughout, a large fully equipped kitchen with spacious lounge and dining room as well as 2 spacious double bedrooms and one single bedroom sleeping a total of 6 people.
Middle Barn is only minutes away from three medieval castles, Hever, Chiddingstone and Penshurst, under an hour away from the South Downs, the interesting town of Lewes and the houses of Firle and Charleston on the Kent/Sussex coastline.
Fun days for little people are Groombridge's Enchanted Forest, Hartfield and its famous resident Pooh Bear and Godstone Farm.
There are lots of great pubs with good food close by, with many a good restaurants in the spa town of Royal Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks both 20 minutes by car.
Come and explore!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1950 square feet
Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Gatwick Airport - LGW
30 mins drive
The stunning green countryside of Kent, the garden of England
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Visti the award-winning wineries of Chapel Down and Biddenden producing high quality sparkling and still wines served in some of the best restaurants in the UK including Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver's.
- Vist the beautiful nearby town of Royal Tunbridge Wells with its great staley homes and churches.
- Visit the enchanting Hever Castle, childhood home of Anne Boleyne, Henry VIII's second wiife. Plenty of activities for the family too for more info please visit http://www.hevercastle.co.uk/
Places of Interest
- Bedgebury Forest is an oasis of peace and tranquillity, part of the National park bearing the same name, it's ideal for cycling, waking and horseriding.
- Visit beautiful Batesman, Rudyard Kipling's home from 1902 to 1936 yesr in which the great writer, author of the Jungle book, died.
- Visit Chartwell, the family home and gardens of Winston Churchill Uk's most important statesman.
Great Stay in English Countryside Near London!
Charming house in an extraordinarily peaceful yet very convenient setting. The house is part of an old barn, with soaring beamed ceilings, antique wooden floors, and walls of glass looking out into the gardens and surrounding farms. Cozy, comfortable decor with a warm, inviting feel. Hiking trail runs right past the house. Multiple pubs, a town with a grocery store and restaurants, and a commuter train station are all within a 5 minute drive. Very helpful host. Highly recommended!”
- DVD Player
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo