La Jolla, CALIFORNIA
Spectacular Ocean View Home
Spectacular Ocean View Home
Enjoy La Jolla, well known as the jewel of the Southern California Coast from the comfort of a spacious, three story home in the area of La Jolla known as Bird Rock. The 3 bedroom, 4 bath, 3,800 sq. ft. home is the 4th house from the ocean, on a hill, and less than two blocks to a village area with restaurants and stores. Ocean views can be enjoyed from all levels of the house, though the most spectacular views are from the upper level.
The top floor of the home has a great room with a sophisticated kitchen with a walk in pantry, a large dining room (easily seats 12 people), and living room. The kitchen appliances include two dishwashers, two ovens, a "speed oven" and microwave, a steam oven, four gas burners, and an induction range. Off the kitchen there is a small den with a TV and a powder room. There is a wall mounted TV in the kitchen, and a dining bar. Off the kitchen is a large built in gas barbecue.
The living and dining areas open onto over 1,000 square feet of deck. On the deck, there is a Jacuzzi with ocean view. From there you can watch surfers near Bird Rock just offshore, nearby sail boats and ships in the distance, and sometimes even whales and dolphins. In the evening, it is a great location for stargazing and listening to the surf. The deck has a number of tables and chairs for outdoor entertaining, as well as a comfy bench seat under an overhang, where there is a small refrigerator for beverages.
The middle floor has three bedrooms with full baths, and the master bedroom has a large deck off of it that looks out over Bird Rock. The laundry room and garage are both at this level. Use of bikes is included.
The lower level is a large playroom with a foozball game and a media room with another small refrigerator. There is a full bathroom and a small room that can be used for sleeping if needed. If desired, this level could accommodate a number of children on futons and an aero bed.
The playroom opens onto a backyard with a ping pong table and a grass area that is used for bocce ball and ladderball (a tossing game). Our home is very child friendly, as we built it with grandchildren in mind!
Single Family Home with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3800 square feet
King, King, and Queen
10 guests maximum
San Diego International Airport
180 degree ocean view, with a beautiful cove to the north and islands off the coast to the south. Surfers, sail boats, fishing boats, and naval ships can be viewed from the deck or the great room.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Set out on the La Jolla Coast Walk Trail, which runs from La Jolla Shores beach to La Jolla Cove
- Have a mani-pedi or relaxing massage at one of the many spas in La Jolla
- The La Jolla Playhouse and Old Globe Theaters have excellent productions.
- Bike around the Bay or down the coast
- Watch the seal and sea lions at the La Jolla Cove
- Enjoy the restaurants and fabulous Sunday Farmers' Market
- Tour the Stuart Collection at UC San Diego, an impressive collection of art and sculptures that are integrated into the landscaping and buildings
- Take the family to Birch Aquarium to view color California marine life
- See a sports game at the Qualcomm Stadium
- Explore Rose Canyon Open Space Park, a rugged venue offering trails, wildlife-viewing, and bird-watching among valleys and canyons
Places of Interest
- Pacific Beach
- La Jolla Cove
- San Diego
- Major theme attractions such as San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and Legoland
- Torrey Pines Golf Course
- Fashion Valley
- La Jolla Natural Park
- La Jolla Underwater Park- teeming with artificial reefs and kelp beds, this huge underwater park is popular for scuba diving and snorkeling
- Mt. Soledad Cross- a massive cross monument honoring American veterans, featuring plaques which tell their stories
La jolla Ocean view Home is a wonderful place to stay. The house is beautiful and in a stunning location overlooking the sea, very close to San Diego Downtown. The owners could not have been more helpful, extending their hospitality and arranging everything. There is so much to do in La Jolla. Our days were occupied with walking, hiking, cycling, visiting areas around la jolla and San Diego. We had a wonderful time in this lovely house and we would recommend it to any member of 3rd Home. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo