Mata de São João, Brazil
Gorgeous Property in Costa de Sauipe Resort
Welcome to Paradise, welcome to famous Costa do Sauipe.
Our house is part of the Costa de Sauipe Resort in the state of Bahia, in the Northeast of Brazil. The Resort was developed and built by Odebrecht, a large multinational construction company headquartered in Bahia. Odebrecht built the American Airlines basketball arena in Miami, The Ritz Carlton in Miami and many other high profile buildings around the world.
From Miami there is a daily non-stop flight to Salvador on American Airlines. Flight time is 7.5 hours. Sauipe is 1.5 hours north of Salvador, the capital of Bahia and the original capital of Brazil. Salvador is the fourth largest city in Brazil and is famous for its music, cuisine, beaches and laid back approach to life.
Sauipe lies in the Mata de Sao Joao region of Bahia, which is largely an undeveloped region of beautiful beaches and coconut trees, designated by the government as an ecological preserve. Costa de Sauipe was developed in 2000 as an eco resort where motor boats and jet skis are banned in favor of wind, paddled and electric powered boats.
The gated Costa de Sauipe Resort is comprised of:
• 10,000 acres of land including 6 KM of private beach
• 80% of the land in the resort is undeveloped consisting of walking, bicycling, golf cart and horse riding trails
• There are two lagoons in the resort:
o one includes an eco center park, kayak and sailboat rentals
o the other is in the residential homes area and our house abuts it
• Five luxury hotels on the beach
• Complete health spa
• A village with restaurants, stores and banks
• The village also provides free nightly entertainment
• The third rated golf course in Brazil
• A tennis complex that hosts the Brazilian Tennis Open each year
• An equestrian center where horses can be rented to ride through the trails on the property
• Tennis, windsurfing, golfing and horse riding lessons are all available
• Two 150 house gated residential areas called Casas de Sauipe and Quintas de Sauipe (where our house is), separated by a lagoon and bridge
Quintas de Sauipe is on the edge of the resort furthest from the hotels and village (about 4 KM away).
Each of the 150 houses includes a swimming pool. Quintas (in addition to the resort tennis complex next to Sauipe Village) includes tennis courts for the use of guests. Additionally, there is a clubhouse with a large swimming pool, two tennis courts, racquetball court, soccer field, basketball court, volleyball court, restaurant, complete fitness center, private cinema, playground for children, pool table, public computer, etc. These facilities are all less than a five minute walk from our house.
Our house is at the end of a cul de sac on a lagoon facing the ocean. A two minute walk from our house is the boat dock which provides free rides across the lagoon each hour to the private beach.
If one wants to go to the beach by going around the lagoon it is about 1 KM and can be accessed by car, golf cart, bike or walking.
To walk around the perimeter of Quintas inside the gated complex takes about 60 minutes and is a delightful. Like Hawaii or the Caribbean, there is a constant onshore ocean breeze.
Sauipe has more than 300 sunny days per year and when it rains, it is often for 30 minutes then the sun comes out. Sauipe is 18 degrees below the Equator (by comparison, Jamaica is 18 degrees above it). The average high daily temperatures range from 82 to 87 monthly and low daily temperatures from 71-76.
There are a number of interesting places to visit in the Sauipe area including: Praia do Forte, Imbassai, Guarajuba, Salvador (the capital of Bahia’s state - one hour and a half by car), and Aracaju (capital of the neighboring state of Sergipe – three hours by car).
Details of our house include:
• Four guest bedrooms each with a private bath and air conditioning
o Master bedroom with king size bed
o Two bedrooms with queen size beds
o One bedroom with two single beds
• Maid’s bedroom with private bath and air conditioning
• Additional half bathroom on first floor
• Washer, fridge with ice maker, wine cooler, dishwasher, BBQ grill, 42 inch HD TV with cable and DVD player, HD 26 inch TV in the master bedroom
• Swimming pool
• Covered outside patio
• Golf cart space with battery charger
• Over 30 different fruit trees in the back yard (planted, but not mature yet)
• Our real estate agent is our neighbor in Quintas and speaks English, Portuguese and Spanish, and ensures that everything runs smoothly during your visit. This includes arranging for our local maid if you would like cooking, cleaning or laundry service.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3500 square feet
Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, and King
9 guests maximum
Salvador Intl Airport
1 hour by car and 30 minute by car
Lake, swimming pool and Beach
Activities of Interest
Places of Interest
- Costa do Sauipe Golf Links
- Vila Nova da Praia
Very comfortable house and excellent service
We had a very nice staying at Costa do Sauípe. The whole place is very nice, though the Beach infrastructure is not as good as the Country Club itself. We enjoyed a lot MASARANDUPIO BEACH, which is half an hour car drive from the house. Lina and Ed, the owners, were extremely nice and service oriented. Their cook and house keeper, Neide, was great. She cooked wonderful meals and made us feel very comfortable.”
Costa de Sauipe
This is a wonderful house. We all had a great time. The pool and grounds are beautiful. Between the house and the beach is a freshwater lagoon, perfect for paddle boarding. The entire resort of Costa de Sauipe is not available to guests of this house as most of the main resort is all inclusive family package vacations but that is far away from the house and unlikely that you would go there. Once outside the gates of the resort, there are 5 0r 6 small beach towns to explore which are great places to go out for a meal or beach it. Be sure to check out the turtles. We did see a turtle release and visiting the Turtle project in Praia de Forte is very interesting. Brazil is a beautiful country and this part, the Bahia, is just spectacular!”
Costa de Sauipe
This is a wonderful house and we enjoyed it so much. It is in the remote far north of Brazil and the area is beautiful and safe. The housekeeper and cook, Naaidi is really beyond words to describe an amazing cook and a lovely person. There is paddle boarding on the perfect fresh water lagoon. The larger resort of Sauipe (sow-wee-pea) is not really available as they are all inclusive vacation packages. However there are great little towns and beaches and restaurants all along if you take the side roads off the main road and want a little adventure. We did insist our way into a turtle release at the main resort and that was indescribable. 250 people cheering these little Ritz cracker size turtles on into the waves , a beautiful and uplifting event for all the spectators.I would go back here in a minute. Note must obtain visa before entering.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Workout Facility