Zem Waldhus is in an elevated position at the end of the Sunnaga ski run, next to the five star Cervo hotel and its two great restaurants.
We have 24-hour access to the Sunnega lift, making us a ten minute walk from the centre of Zermatt, whilst being uniquely rural in our setting.
There are two paths up to the apartment from the Cervo (where you can get an electro cab from the village). The more direct is a fairly steep, paved, zig zag taking 2-3 minutes. The more leisurely option is a path up through the woods, taking 5-6 minutes.
There are two sunny, south facing, balconies. The interiors are all modern and extremely comfortable, with underfloor heating in the winter.
The bathrooms all have power showers. The kitchen is fully equipped for long stays. Most importantly, we have an agent who will meet you at the railway station or heliport and show you the apartment. He can arrange everything from restaurant bookings and lift passes to private cooks and daily maid service (the latter two need to be arranged in advance).
Although Zermatt is world famous for its skiing, mountain restaurants and nightlife, it is probably even more beautiful in the summer, when the Alpine flowers and mountain trails are truly wonderful. There is a well-respected summertime golf course in Tasch, which is 10 minutes by the narrow guage mountain railway.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 square feet
King, King, and Twin
6 guests maximum
Geneva, Zurich, Basel, Milan
3.5 hours by Train, 3 hours by car
Unusually for Zermatt, we have open views from all windows, with the principle rooms looking up to the world famous Matterhorn mountain and the others looking into unspoilt woodland.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Summer skiing: Skiers and snowboarders hit the pistes on the Theodul glacier. 21 km of groomed slopes and in the Snowpark Zermatt for freestylers.
- Views from Zermatt’s cable cars are all remarkable, but the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise is the icing on the cake. Ride Europe’s highest-altitude cable car to 3883m and gawp at 14 glaciers and 38 mountain peaks over 4000m.
- This crystalline, state-of-the-art museum provides fascinating insight into Valaisian village life, mountaineering, the dawn of tourism in Zermatt and the lives the Matterhorn has claimed.
Places of Interest
- Skiing in Zermatt smashes every record: highest ski resort in Europe, snow certainty, two countries, 365 days a year.
- Ride the Sunnegga Express to 2288m then ski down blue piste 6 or summer-hike 15 minutes to Zermatt’s tastiest slope-side address,Chez Vrony, in the hamlet of Findeln.
- Europe's highest cogwheel railway has climbed through picture-postcard scenery to Gornergrat (3089m) – a 30-minute journey – since 1898. Sit on the right-hand side of the little red train to gawp at the Matterhorn.
- Whymper Stube is a cosy bistro opposite Zermatt's historic Zermathof Hotel and it is legendary for its excellent raclette and fondues, cheese and meat.
Convenient and modern chalet right next to cable car
Our family had a great stay at Zem Waldhus. The chalet is spacious, modern, fully stocked, and centrally located with views of the Matterhorn. Ed, the manager, was available and answered all of our queries within a short time. We arrived in the midst of summer and enjoyed 6 full days of hiking around Zermatt. The cable car is right next to the chalet, connected via an elevator, and the train station is another 5 minute walk from there. Coming from Hong Kong it was plenty of fun to see snow at the top of Kleinmatterhorn. They even provided tubing for the children. For the remainder, we mostly hiked around the mountains. Gletschergartenweg and the walk from Gornergrat to Sunnega are highly recommended. We would definitely like to come again in the future. Thank you for letting us stay at your place.”
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo